“Our BlackBerry solution is flexible and highly scalable. It’s a key part of how we are adapting to a world in which technology is rapidly evolving.”Claudio Pradella Telcos & Carrier Manager for Search and Sales Strategy Department
- Industry: Manufacturing/Technology
- Region: Latin America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Mobile II by SenseByte Mobile, BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
Cablevisión needed to maintain communication with more than 5,000 field technicians who were using a wireless application with Internet access to receive work orders and tech support on their mobile phones (WAP). Communication was frequently interrupted due to poor connectivity. This resulted in costly delays and longer waiting times for customers which had negative consequences for the company.
Cablevisión equipped its technicians with 3,500 BlackBerry® smartphones, managed using five BlackBerry Enterprise Servers. It
also deployed the Mobile II application from BlackBerry® Alliance Elite Member, SenseByte Mobile. The app allowed field technicians to receive work orders, update inventory remotely and obtain service support information – all from the convenience of their BlackBerry devices.
- Increased productivity of field technicians
- Reduced time in receiving and managing work orders
- Better stock management, with fewer mistakes
- Improved customer service
- Easy to manage BlackBerry infrastructure