“The BlackBerry smartphone is a great tool for our users because it truly extends the office. It gives them the ability to almost have their full office capability in their pocket.”Theo Garner Systems Analyst
- Industry: Distribution/Transportation
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: IT Operations and Continuity of Operations (COOP)
In the event of a service interruption with their email system, Airbus wanted to keep employees sending short messages to each other using PIN-to-PIN services on their BlackBerry® smartphones. They needed an easily accessible directory of end-user PINs to make this happen.
Airbus used PINpoint, an application from Tenet Computer Group. The application provides an up-to-date contact list pulled from the smartphone information managed on the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and Airbus corporate directory.
- Virtually effort-free IT solution
- Manageable costs
- Backup communications for business enabled
- Alternative communication system in place, in case their email server is down