“Thanks to our BlackBerry solution, we are better prepared to make timely decisions during a healthcare crisis — and that will help us better protect our patients and staff.”Monica Jacobs Director, Patient Relations and Risk Management
- Industry: Healthcare/Life Sciences
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: PINpoint by Tenet Computer Group Inc.; BlackBerry smartphone; BlackBerry® Enterprise Server; BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™)
In the aftermath of infectious disease outbreaks in Toronto, Ontario, a significant emphasis has been placed on healthcare emergency preparedness. It was clear to the team at Bridgepoint Health that more immediate access to information would allow them to make better and timelier decision to protect their patients, visitors and staff in an emergency.
Bridgepoint Health partnered with George Brown and Tenet to pilot a BlackBerry® solution. Tenet’s PINpoint application for BlackBerry smartphones is designed to collect information from authoritative sources and disseminate it to the appropriate people in near real time. PINpoint helps to customize Bridgepoint Health’s emergency toolkit and gives healthcare workers access to emergency manuals and contact lists even when corporate services aren’t functioning.
- Helps to improve response time during a pandemic
- Mobile access to emergency plans and systems
- Improved communication between senior and on-call staff during an emergency
- Safer environment for patients and staff during an emergency