“By using the BlackBerry smartphones in the field, our officers have police data at their fingertips while meeting stringent requirements for security.”Inspector Tim Mifflin Chatham Kent Police Service
- Industry: Public Safety
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: Industry-specific application developed by Mobile Innovations™, BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, MPABeatBlog, MPATracker, MPADictation
Chatham-Kent Police Service serves in one of the largest municipalities in Canada. To effectively cover this wide area, Chatham-Kent Police Service believed that a mobile wireless solution could be a cost-effective method of putting information in the officer’s hands, while simplifying management and maintenance. This would allow the officers to spend more time in the field and less time in front of a desktop computer at the station. However, any solution would have to meet the stringent security protocols required to access police data.
After a threat and risk assessment, the BlackBerry® solution was chosen for the deployment, largely due to security benefits of the BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader and SafeNet Smart Card technology.
- Better access to important police data
- Officers have data from CPIC at their fingertips
- More effective use of budgets
- Contributes to officer safety