“The Hoyts Cinema Application for BlackBerry is unique and comprehensive – you can do more with it. BlackBerry accounts for 90% of our downloads and mobile ticket sales.”Laura Najlis Marketing Manager, Cine Hoyts Argentina
- Industry: Other
- Region: Latin America
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: BlackBerry® 10 and Custom Application – Hoyts Cinema Application for BlackBerry Smartphones
The Cinema Hoyts Application was already being well-used by theater goers in Argentina. But when BlackBerry 10 was released, the company wanted to find a way to make a good app even better. Hoyts wanted to develop alternate channels for their customers to interact with them. As well, they wanted to offer something truly unique as a movie-going experience on a BlackBerry 10 device that differentiates them from their competitors.
To create a pure BlackBerry 10 experience that takes advantage of new design and navigation features, they spent two months redoing the app. Customers will now be able to share what movie they’re going to see with their friends on Facebook®. They will be able to see which seats their friends are sitting in and reserve their seats next to them. They can buy their tickets as a QR code to avoid lining up at the box office. The app also uses BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) and Twitter® so people can talk about movies, vote or write a review.
- Dramatically enhanced existing BlackBerry app with new look and social networking features
- Mobile ticketing helps redeploy theater staff from selling tickets to offering services
- Builds on Hoyts’ image as innovative, tech-focused cinema operator
- Attracts new customers and increases competitive position in marketplace