“The BlackBerry solution gives us a management tool that improves the efficiency of our employees and the quality of our service to the community in the City of Vaughan.”Dimitri Yampolsky Chief Information Officer
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Freeance™ Mobile by TDC Group Inc.
Municipal Enforcement Officers in the City of Vaughan required a way of consolidating all their communication technology into one device that could do it all. They also needed a way to look up records from the city database while on the go.
The City of Vaughan used the BlackBerry® smartphone to create two field-ready applications: the Mobile People Application, which accesses the city database of licensed individuals, and the CTS Mobile Viewer, which provides mapping and location information.
- Reduced phone calls and increased productivity in the field
- Faster updating and processing of licensing information
- Cost savings in building applications using in-house expertise
- Access to a snapshot of where problems exist
- Preparation of the city for the ongoing needs of a growing population