“The CDP team at RIM have helped us at every step of our in-house development – and thanks to our custom app, which helps us keep track of valuable tools we use every day, inventory counts are more accurate and take about 85% less employee time. ”Bobby Gibbons Manager of IT Development
- Industry: Manufacturing/Technology
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Research In Motion (RIM) Corporate Developer Program (CDP); BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse
Expertech Network Installation (Expertech®) was looking to implement an efficient process to track and follow up on its capital tool inventory. Tools are an important part of Expertech’s operational and capitalized expenses, but the company did not have an automated system in place to track assets.
Expertech partnered with the Research In Motion (RIM) Corporate Developer Program (CDP) to create a custom BlackBerry® application in-house. The app is designed to track inventory of capitalized tools in near real-time and automatically upload data into the company’s system. Expertech developed its application in the Eclipse® environment, using BlackBerry® Java® Plug-in for Eclipse®.
- Improved ability to quickly test new code and address technical issues
- Helped eliminate manual entry errors
- Helped to accelerate audit process
- Increased accuracy of inventory capture