The Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority/MDeC/Compurex
“BlackBerry devices provide long battery life, durability, and their data compression technology is advantageous to FAMA from a cost and efficiency perspective.”Tan, Lim-Keat (LK) Chief Technology Officer, CompuRex
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: BlackBerry® smartphones, Smart-Track software
The Federal Agricultural Marketing Authority (FAMA) is an agency under the Ministry of Agriculture & Agro Based Industry in Malaysia. FAMA needed a mobile solution for its 278 Pasar Tani's (Farmers' Markets) that would provide a reliable wireless connection in the field and data protection, both key considerations for a government agency. The solution had to be secure and able to properly authenticate a field officer's credentials upon accessing the system. Once connected, the solution needed to let field officers confirm the identity of a vendor from a list of over 20,000 on the national Pasar Tani register.
CompuRex helped FAMA deploy a comprehensive mobile solution out to the Pasar Tani field officers throughout Malaysia. FAMA integrated an efficient BlackBerry® smartphone solution with the customizable user authentication application, Smart-Track™. The application also included firmware and leveraged a unique messaging architecture developed by CompuRex, a mobile solutions provider and proud BlackBerry® Alliance member.
- The BlackBerry smartphones integrated well with the Smart-Track solution
- Able to support the increasing demands from the Pasar Tani field officers
- The BlackBerry and Smart-Track solution offered a simple and easy-to-use verification process