“Providing BlackBerry PlayBook tablets equipped with apps has allowed our organization to fulfill our role of supporting Colombian municipalities in being more efficient, autonomous, informed and effective in their administration.”Alejandro Murillo Director of IT and Communications, Colombian Federation of Municipalities
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: Latin America
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets, BlackBerry® Bridge™ app, Agenda Municipio Colombiano app and Ficha Municipal app by Mobile Media
Federación Colombiana de Municipios (FCM) wanted to provide the city mayors of 1,100 municipalities in Colombia with a better way to access information currently offered on a printed agenda. This agenda was key to decision making since it included due dates for monthly reports, lists of existing regulations, dates for public events and valuable legal and fiscal information.
FCM supplied BlackBerry PlayBook tablets to the mayors and implemented two applications developed by Mobile Media. Agenda Municipio Colombiano is an app that mobilizes the calendar, showing existing appointments and deadlines, as well as alert messages about changed or cancelled events. The Ficha Municipal app gathers demographic information such as geographic data, economic activity, population, social development and education indexes.
- Better collaboration within municipalities
- Access to mobile agenda and demographic information helps mayors make more informed decisions
- Mayors are equipped with effective portable tools for their everyday tasks
- Costs are reduced due to the removal of paper-based agendas