Grain Farmers of Ontario
“We expect this BlackBerry application, SellSmart, will be a game-changer for our members by providing them with near real-time updates on market prices at the local level, giving them a stronger negotiating position.”Erin Fletcher Manager of Public Affairs and Communications
- Industry: Other
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Small
- Solution: SellSmart, custom application from FloatPoint Media Inc., BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
Grain Farmers of Ontario (GFO) was looking for an affordable way to provide its members with near real-time updates on the price of grain. Since grain prices fluctuate throughout the day, the organization was looking for a way to alert Ontario farmers about optimum price points and periods.
GFO teamed up with FloatPoint Media Inc. to design a free custom mobile application called SellSmart. The application provides commodity pricing to Ontario farmers on their BlackBerry® smartphone. In near real-time, GFO members can assess pricing information and set pricing alerts.
- Improved communication and knowledge-sharing with members
- Ability for members to receive pricing updates and alerts in near real-time
- An expected increase in competition due to more market transparency
- A platform for future applications that will help Ontario farmers