London Health Sciences Centre
“Our BlackBerry solution has been very successful among our group of users. We anticipate substantial growth in our user base as we continue to roll out to other groups requesting it.”Liam Walsh Technical Analyst, LHSC
- Industry: Healthcare/Life Sciences
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: BlackBerry Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry MVS)
London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) is one of the largest acute care teaching hospitals in Canada, with multiple facilities in London, Ontario, Canada. For LHSC staff and physicians, quick and seamless electronic communications is vital, but has proved difficult in the past. Weak cellular signals within its buildings, and often being away from their desks, meant health care providers faced delays receiving and returning calls.
LHSC decided to roll out BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System (BlackBerry® MVS) to integrate BlackBerry® smartphones with its internal phone system and to improve coverage for BlackBerry users by leveraging the organization’s Wi-Fi® infrastructure to make calls. BlackBerry MVS unifies desk phones and smartphones to provide a single number to reach those physicians and hospital leaders who use the system. It also allows them to make and receive calls quickly using the hospital’s 5-digit extension dialing.
- Increased smartphone coverage throughout the facility
- Flexibility, ease of use and improved mobility for nurses, doctors and managers
- One number calling using hospital extensions make physicians and nurses easier to reach