Nova Scotia Power Inc.
“Freeance Mobile and the BlackBerry solution allowed us to avoid the need for collectors to travel to local utility depots for data uploads each day. Two hours saved per day for each of the 14 collectors, translates into nearly $200,000 worth of labor savings.”Brian Shannon GIS Connectivity Project Manager
- Industry: Distribution/Transportation
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Freeance™ Mobile App; BlackBerry GPS; OtterBox™ Case
As part of the Nova Scotia Power Inc. (NSPI) GIS Connectivity Project, field personnel who travel frequently for data collection needed a secure mobile GIS solution that offered remote data transfer, easy navigation and durability.
The NSPI team selected the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, BlackBerry smartphones with built-in GPS capability and Freeance™ Mobile to record field assets and connectivity details with maximum accuracy and security.
- More accurate data with GPS functionality
- Easier to dispatch crews to storm-affected areas
- Less travel and administrative effort
- Durability in the field