“The BlackBerry smartphone has been getting a lot of favorable feedback, from our caregivers to our management teams. They’re all excited about the potential.”Bob Hansen Director, Information Systems Application Delivery
- Industry: Healthcare/Life Sciences
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: AppMobilizer™ by Media Sourcery
Odyssey HealthCare needed a way to electronically capture patient visit information to meet Federal reporting regulations and cut down on the amount of paperwork the company was processing every day.
Media Sourcery used their AppMobilizer solution on the BlackBerry® smartphone to capture clinical information at the point of care. Home caregivers used BlackBerry smartphones with an electronic Home Health Aide Visit Form and Symptom Assessment Survey to enter patient care information. The data is then transferred to a back-end database for reporting and billing purposes. After an automatic check for data accuracy, the visit records are automatically entered into Odyssey’s McKesson Horizon system for billing.
- Gather patient information at point of care
- Less paper, reduced administration, faster billing
- Improved working conditions for staff
- Company is better positioned to meet new requirements