Party Goods Warehouse Inc.
“BlackBerry smartphones are highly secure, reliable and straightforward. Combining these devices with Wireless Merchant application has resulted in an integrated BlackBerry solution that has helped make our sales force more efficient, saved the company money and allowed us to better serve our client.”Don Giordano Operations Manager, Party Goods Warehouse Inc.
- Industry: Retail/Wholesale
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Small
- Solution: Wireless Merchant back-end order entry system by AGS Advanced Software Inc. BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™), Bluetooth® barcode scanners
Since Party Goods supplies many of these supermarket chain locations, its salespeople required an efficient way to process orders. In the past, staff used bulky, expensive and unreliable handheld computers that did not always have a strong signal and required a full-time employee to manually upload and double-check every order, a process that would often take two or three days.
Party Goods worked with AGS Advanced Software Inc. (AGS), an Ottawa-based development company that customized its Wireless Merchant software to integrate with Sage 300 ERP, Party Goods’ back-office accounting software.
Party Goods sales representatives are now equipped with BlackBerry smartphones and a Bluetooth barcode scanner used to scan all items being sold.
When interacting with their clients, salespeople now have immediate access to updated account information, including the status of past orders, product inventory and payment history.
- Cost savings in staffing, equipment and data
- Greater mobility among the salespeople
- More effective reporting system and inventory control
- Added security and reliability