Procuraduría General de Justicia del Distrito Federal (PGJDF)
“We wanted the public to feel safer and to put more trust in our agency, and we think that we've achieved this. We’re very proud to have worked with BlackBerry and to be leaders in providing a mobile solution like this to our citizens.”Rodolfo Fernando Rios Garza Attorney General of the Federal District of Mexico City (PGJDF)
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: Latin America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: PGJDF application by TR3SCO, BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, BlackBerry® smartphones
Procuraduría General de Justicia del Distrito Federal, the Office of the Attorney General of the Federal District of Mexico City, (PGJDF) wanted to simplify the process of filing a criminal complaint for the citizens of Mexico City. The current process was time consuming because citizens had to drive to the nearest agency of the public ministry and then wait in line. Office staff also input every complaint manually, which was labor-intensive and caused errors.
A PGJDF app was developed by TR3SCO for BlackBerry smartphones to help maximize processing speeds and simplify the approach to reporting crime or accessing information. The app -- downloaded free from BlackBerry® World™ -- allows any resident of Mexico City to report the loss of documents, such as a driver’s license, or valuable objects. It helps them locate the whereabouts and status of an arrested family member. They can also file a complaint about an illegal act and even consult an up-to-date directory of PGJDF officials.
- Helps speed up the process of filing complaints or reporting criminal acts
- Improves the efficiency of internal government processes and services to citizens
- Enhances the confidence of citizens in the law enforcement institution
- Makes it easier to find officials
- Provides a more modern and efficient organization