“The BlackBerry solution has helped multiply our number of young readers in a very cost-efficient manner.”Maria Scherer Assistant Business Director, Revista Proceso
- Industry: Other
- Region: Latin America
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: Proceso app by Latino Mobile SA de CV, BlackBerry® smartphones, BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets
Revista Proceso wanted to expand its overall readership and make it more accessible to all demographics, especially younger readers. The company believed that young people would be more inclined to read the publication in a mobile or web-based format.
The company’s nationwide distribution system would also sometimes be affected by Mexico City’s rainy season, airport closures, or roads that were unsafe or in poor condition, causing the magazine to arrive late at newsstands and possibly affect sales in some areas of the country.
Revista Proceso introduced a mobile version of its magazine for BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets. After the Proceso application is downloaded from the BlackBerry App World™ storefront or by using a magazine QR code, users can access news from the convenience of their BlackBerry smartphones or tablets.
The app allows users to share articles with friends by email and through social networks like Twitter® and Facebook®.
- Increase in the number of younger readers
- More reliable and faster access to news
- Broader distribution of the magazine
- User-friendly, easy-to-navigate app that loads updated content quickly
- New revenue stream generated from mobile users