South Yorkshire Police
“Deploying the BlackBerry solution at South Yorkshire Police has demonstrated the value that mobile technology can provide police forces.”Sergeant Simon Davies project Manager, South Yorkshire Police.
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: EMEA
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Mobile data access
- As part of a push to get more officers out on the streets, South Yorkshire Police was keen to find a way to provide officers with access to police information and records on the move
- It wanted to reduce time spent on station administration and streamline processes such as ‘Stop and Search’
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Airpoint solution – provides secure access to police records
- Solution is expected to save thirty minutes per shift per officer, generating efficiency savings of £6,037,475 per year
- Police officers spend more time in the community and less on station administration
- Improved crime fighting as officers can photograph evidence at the scene
Related Case Studies
Copyright © 2013 BlackBerry. All rights reserved.