South Wales Police
“The major benefit of the BlackBerry solution is the ability for officers to be updated and update systems from the field. This has significantly improved efficiency across the board.”John Roberts mobile data project manager, South Wales Police.
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: EMEA
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: BlackBerry smartphones
- As part of a yearly police update plan, South Wales Police was keen to improve citizen confidence in the police and increase the satisfaction level of citizens assisted by the force
- The police needed to deliver high-quality services in a cost-effective way as budgets were under strict control
- Office-based local and national databases meant that officers were being kept off the streets as they had to remain in the office to access information, reducing the amount of time they were spending in contact with communities
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Niche Records Management System application from Mobile Innovations
- South Wales Police officers now spend 8% more time out of the station and on the streets, translating to thousands of hours per month as they are able to access databases on the move
- The BlackBerry® solution has also helped speed up victim updates by 12% improving victim support
- The solution has received very positive feedback from users and 93% of the officers questioned said that the smartphones have enabled them to provide a better quality of service
Related Case Studies
Copyright © 2013 BlackBerry. All rights reserved.