Surrey County Council
“The BlackBerry app is very simple, and by reducing the amount of trade waste sent to landfill, we’ve saved the council close to £1,000,000”Justin Wood Technical Specialist, Surrey County Council
- Industry: Government and Public Sector
- Region: EMEA
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: BlackBerry® smartphone and in-house application development
- To improve the access to the trade waste permits issued through the council, to avoid illegal trade waste being dumped at the council recycling centres, and therefore costing the council money and valuable landfill resources.
- Remove the need for a paper-based system, and make it as easy to use as possible for the employees at the community recycling centres.
- BlackBerry® smartphone
- Bespoke BlackBerry application
- With the BlackBerry® solution, immediate access to the waste permits system
- Using existing BlackBerry platform at the council
- Tracking and reporting on traders using the community recycling centres.
- In-house development team very quickly developed the app, pushed out to existing devices, and centrally manage the data
- Reduced the amount of waste sent to landfills, saving the council about £1,000,000
Related Case Studies
Copyright © 2013 BlackBerry. All rights reserved.