“Our taxi drivers are very happy with the use of the BlackBerry solution. They’ve seen an increase in the amount of pick-ups they do every day, and they drive shorter distances to customer locations.”Gildardo Jaramillo General Manager
- Industry: Distribution/Transportation
- Region: Latin America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Automated Taxi Dispatch System by WideTech
- Tax Belén needed to automate its taxi dispatch service, reduce the workload and streamline communications for dispatchers who assign taxi service.
- Dispatchers used two-way radios to communicate with drivers. Locating the nearest driver was time consuming and meant that dispatchers sometimes assigned drivers who were further away.
Tax Belén replaced its two-way radio system with BlackBerry® smartphones. It implemented the Automated Taxi Dispatch System application by WideTech, which uses the GPS capability on the BlackBerry smartphones.
- Reduced workload on dispatchers
- Ability to quickly locate taxi drivers
- Improved customer service
- Increased driver productivity
- Reduced wait times for customers
- Lower operating and maintenance costs