Tyne Tunnels 2 Limited (TT2 Ltd.)
“With BES10 we have comprehensive security and app management through a single management console. The user interface is easy to navigate and the learning curve for users has also been very minimal.”Hanson Pottinger Technical Manager at Tyne Tunnels 2 Limited
- Industry: Real Estate/Construction
- Region: EMEA
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 (BES10),BlackBerry® Balance™Technology, BlackBerry® 10 smartphones
Too much downtime during construction was inefficient and costly to TT2, so senior management needed to be reachable even when they are not onsite. “We needed a secure solution that would provide the CEO, board members and other members of the upper management team with constant communication and contact,” said Hanson Pottinger, Technical Manager at Tyne Tunnels 2 Limited.
As an existing BlackBerry customer with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server (BES) already in place, TT2 was keen to maximize its investment and maintain its IT infrastructure by upgrading to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10). Using BlackBerry Balance to access business applications, like Documents To Go™, saved employees time and enabled them to view important documents while on a site.
- TT2 employees using BlackBerry Z10 smartphones are now less reliant on their laptops.
- BlackBerry Balance on the BlackBerry Z10 devices has enabled users to capture personal emails and provides the flexibility to download applications for personal safely without any restrictions.
- BlackBerry Balance helped TT2 address corporate security concerns without limiting the staff’s personal use of the devices.