“For the goals of our project, we needed BlackBerry smartphones and the Ceryx hosted solution because of the way we can control our research environment.”Dr. Marion Underwood Professor of Psychology, UT Dallas’ Center for Children and Families
- Industry: Education
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: Customizable, hosted messaging platform utilizing Hosted Blackberry services and Message Archiver
Dr. Marion Underwood, Professor of Psychology at UT Dallas’ Center for Children and Families, has been conducting a multi-year study on adolescents’ social networks and their impact on development. The study required an enterprise-grade solution that could deliver a reliable, economical messaging platform and handle high volumes of data – all the while helping to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the participants.
- Dr. Underwood’s research team chose a BlackBerry® hosted solution from Ceryx based on its ability to provide a controlled environment for their research.
- To ensure accuracy, the project required a customized messaging solution that could meet a high volume of messages with archival and search functionality.
- Easy access to large amounts of data
- Relatively trouble–free management with the Ceryx messaging platform
- Helps to meet privacy and confidentiality needs of the study’s participants
- A platform for ongoing research to provide insight into adolescent peer culture