University of Waterloo
“Our objective is to develop a program that makes the best use of the technology available to us, such as the BlackBerry smartphone, so we can create the best learning experiences.”Peter Carr Professor, Director, Management of Technology Online Program
- Industry: Education
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Mobile chalkboard by Chalk Media
The University of Waterloo wanted to test the value of offering mobile learning on BlackBerry® smartphones as a way of increasing educational value to students studying online university courses.
A pilot project, involving students in the Project Leadership Program at the University of Waterloo, used Mobile chalkboard™ on BlackBerry smartphones to publish and share course lectures and videos, and enhance project collaboration.
- Students can study and be more productive in their downtime
- Valuable course content can be easily shared in a variety of ways
- Students feel more connected
- More opportunities for project and team collaboration
- Professors can gauge what’s being viewed to improve course contents