Wilfrid Laurier University: Laurier School of Business & Economics
“Our BlackBerry smartphone pilot program has revolutionized the way MBA students approach learning, both in and out of the classroom. It has allowed us to take mobile learning — and the future of education — to the next level.”Ginny Dybenko Executive – Strategic Initiatives
- Industry: Education
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: BlackBerry Messenger (BBM); Chalk Pushcast Software from Chalk Media Corp.
Wilfrid Laurier University wanted to find a way for its full-time MBA students to communicate and network more effectively as part of its long-term strategy to integrate mobile learning into the university.
Laurier engaged 106 full-time MBA students in a one-year mobile e-learning pilot, working with Research In Motion® (RIM®) and Rogers. Students and faculty used Chalk™ Pushcast™ Software, a mobile learning and communications tool, and BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) to communicate and collaborate on group projects.
- Fast and easy mobile access to learning materials
- Ability for all students to participate in courses through Chalk Pushcast Software
- Improved student networking and bonding through BBM
- Helped MBA students develop workplace-ready technology skills