“Everyone wants to see their police force employing forward-thinking techniques for policing. They see it in films,and it makes them feel safe to know we are always looking to stay ahead of the game.”
Head of Information Systems, West Yorkshire Police
- Industry: Public Safety
- Region: EMEA
- Company Size: Large
- Solution: Industry Specific Application
- West Yorkshire Police wanted to increase the visible police presence on the street by enabling crime reporting and work on prosecution files to take place out of the station and on the move.
- BlackBerry® smartphones were deployed, complete with secure password and encryption to provide remote access to the Police National Computer.
- Helped improve police presence on the streets
- Increased officer productivity
- A single mobile device for data and voice
- Appropriate compliance with national policing strategies