A New Approach to Managing Windows
Windows® devices are increasingly moving beyond the realm of the traditional PC, now running on a multitude of form factors from phones to tablets to laptops.
Outdated legacy approaches to managing these devices and the apps that run on them are cumbersome and limited. BlackBerry offers a modern approach to managing Windows devices, allowing organizations to use Windows MDM, Secure Apps or both.
Rich Windows MDM and MAM Controls and Data Protection
Windows 10 introduced a new management component to enable MDM-style controls of Windows devices. BlackBerry® UEM provides comprehensive support for these controls, helping you to securely deliver a rich and familiar Windows experience for your users. With BlackBerry UEM you can:
- Easily enroll and manage both company and employee-owned Windows devices.
- Utilize a rich set of policy options to enforce compliance with enterprise standards.
- Deploy work apps via the Windows Store for Business or your own app catalog.
- Prevent enterprise data leakage through the use of Windows Information Protection (WIP).
- Manage Windows from a single, unified console alongside all of your other platforms.
A Modern Alternative to VDI for Apps
When managing apps for Windows devices outside of corporate controls, many organizations still use legacy Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) to provide apps to users. Unfortunately, VDI is often cumbersome and expensive, and fails to provide an optimal user experience. With BlackBerry® Access, you can instead deliver fast modern apps within a secure container.
- Provide a secure, containerized environment for running modern HTML5 apps.
- Quickly distribute apps to employees without requiring a Windows MDM profile.
- Ensure offline access and high performance.
- Utilize best-in-industry security with the testing and certifications to match.
Within the BlackBerry Access environment, organizations can not only build their own HTML5 apps but also use a turnkey collaboration solution with BlackBerry® Work. With BlackBerry Work on Windows devices, organizations can experience the best in both collaboration and security.
- Deliver email, calendar and contacts in a containerized environment.
- Support integrated collaboration, even to contractors, partners and temporary workers.
- Enable collaboration even without a Windows MDM profile.
- Ensure all data is safely removed from a device even when not under enterprise control.