BlackBerry Branding Guidelines: For Licensed Users Only
3. BlackBerry Trademark Rules
You may only use the RIM Marks if you have obtained prior approval from RIM Marketing Communications pursuant to section 1 and your use complies with these Guidelines and any agreements you have with RIM.
- You should always use the RIM Trademark as an adjective and not as a noun or verb.
|BlackBerry® smartphone||The BlackBerry is…|
|I will respond to your email using my BlackBerry® smartphone.||I will BlackBerry you.|
- The trademark should be followed by the appropriate generic term for the product (i.e. smartphone/device/tablet) or service. Refer to the BlackBerry Naming System at www.blackberry.com/names for the appropriate generic term to use with the RIM Marks, including:
- BlackBerry smartphones
- BlackBerry PlayBook tablets
- BlackBerry devices
- BlackBerry products
- BlackBerry product components
- BlackBerry enabled device products
- BlackBerry accessories
- Do not use the RIM Marks in plural or possessive form.
BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets
- The RIM Marks may not be included in any non-RIM trade name, business name, domain name, product or service name, logo, trade dress, design, slogan or other trademark. Your licensed use of the RIM Marks does not permit your use of any word or words that are confusingly similar or identical to a RIM Mark.
|Acme Instant Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones||AcmeBerry Instant Messenger|
|Acme Messaging Inc.||Acme BlackBerry Messaging Inc.|
- Use the proper symbol for the RIM Marks. Always capitalize the product brand name and designate the trademark with the appropriate ™ or ® symbol as shown in these Rules.
|BlackBerry® Pearl™||BlackBerry Pearl®|
- Your company’s name, logo or trademark must appear on any materials where the RIM Marks are used, and must be larger and more prominent than the RIM Marks.
- The RIM Marks may not be used in any manner that expresses or implies RIM’s affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification or approval other than as permitted by your trademark license from RIM.
- You may not use the RIM Marks in association with your trademarks or any third party trademarks in a way that creates potential confusion as to ownership of the RIM Marks.
|[Your Product/Service Name] for use with BlackBerry® smartphones||BlackBerry™ [Your Product/Service Name]|
|[Your Product/Service Name] works with BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets||BlackBerry’s [Your Product/Service Name]|
|[Your Product/Service Name] for the BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution||[Your Product/Service Name]berry|
|[Your Product/Service Name] for the BlackBerry® wireless solution||[Your Product/Service Name] BlackBerry|
- Use a Notice of Ownership and Disclaimer. In all materials where RIM Marks are used the following trademark notice must be prominently displayed:
BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. Used under license from Research In Motion Limited.
- Technical Support Terms
- Purchase Terms Addendum for RIME Stores
- Hardware Limited Warranty
- After Market Software Downloads
- RIME Store Vendor Agreement
- BlackBerry PlayBook Complimentary Support Plan Terms and Conditions
- BlackBerry Playbook Repair Service Terms And Conditions
- BlackBerry Prosumer Services Agreement
- BlackBerry SDK License Agreement
- BlackBerry Solution License Agreement
- Notice Regarding BlackBerry MVS
- Software Specifications
- Terms and Conditions
- BBM Music Legal Information
- How to Report Copyright and Trademark Violations
- BlackBerry Bold 9700