Guidelines for Use of RIM Logos & Imagery
The Use of the BlackBerry Logos and Imagery
RIM's trademarks include a number of distinctive Logos and Imagery. Please see RIM Logo List for examples of selected Logos. Use of the Logos is reserved to RIM, its affiliated companies, and its Partners.You may not use the RIM Logos, without the express written permission of RIM. Please refer to Partners for more information.
The use of BlackBerry® Smartphone Imagery is permissible under the conditions set out below.
Prohibited Uses of RIM Logos
In addition to the prohibitions set out in our Public Guidelines for Use of RIM Trademarks we draw your attention to the following:
- The use of RIM’s trade dress is not permitted. It is not permissible to imitate the distinctive overall appearance (trade dress) of RIM’s BlackBerry® smartphones and/or their packaging, logos, typefaces or RIM’s website designs.
- The use of copyrighted material without Research In Motion Limited’s express written permission is prohibited. RIM does not authorize the public or commercial use of information protected by copyright laws. The use of such copyright protected materials, including BlackBerry® Wireless Handheld imagery, and other information contained on RIM web sites or in advertisements, brochures or other materials, other than as expressly permitted hereunder, is prohibited.
Permissible Use of BlackBerry Smartphone Imagery
You are not permitted to use BlackBerry smartphone imagery unless you comply with the following terms:
- BlackBerry® smartphone imagery shall not be altered or manipulated;
- The BlackBerry® or RIM® name on the smartphone must clearly be displayed in all imagery;
- No object, including your name, product or service name, or logo may be superimposed upon any BlackBerry® smartphone imagery; and
- Your use of the BlackBerry® smartphone imagery does not, directly or indirectly, suggest sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of your product or service by RIM.
- Graphic images may not be superimposed on the screen of the BlackBerry® smartphone unless they can actually be reproduced on the smartphone
- Technical Support Terms
- Purchase Terms Addendum for RIME Stores
- Hardware Limited Warranty
- After Market Software Downloads
- RIME Store Vendor Agreement
- BlackBerry PlayBook Complimentary Support Plan Terms and Conditions
- BlackBerry Playbook Repair Service Terms And Conditions
- BlackBerry Prosumer Services Agreement
- BlackBerry SDK License Agreement
- BlackBerry Solution License Agreement
- Notice Regarding BlackBerry MVS
- Software Specifications
- Terms and Conditions
- BBM Music Legal Information
- How to Report Copyright and Trademark Violations