How to Get Listed
North American VAR Locator: Helping Customers Find IT Reseller Partners
The North American VAR Locator is a web-based tool that enables customers to search for and find an IT reseller partner to help them plan, purchase and deploy their BlackBerry® solution. Customers can search by location, product, service type or business need.
The North American VAR Locator is open only to resellers in the US or Canada who are purchasing BlackBerry products through Ingram Micro US or Canada or Tech Data US.
Find out if your organization is already qualified to participate
If your organization is already qualified to participate in the North American VAR Locator, an Update your BlackBerry VAR Locator Profile button will appear on the home page of the BlackBerry Solution Provider Network.
If the Update your BlackBerry VAR Locator Profile button doesn’t appear on your BlackBerry Solution Provider Network home page, review the steps below to find out how your organization can qualify for the North American VAR Locator.
How to qualify for the North American VAR Locator
To be eligible to participate in the North American VAR Locator:
- Your organization must be registered on the BlackBerry Solution Provider Network. If your organization hasn’t yet registered, sign up for BlackBerry Solution Provider Network now. Note: Personal email accounts will not be accepted.
- Your organization must be registered as a BlackBerry reseller with Ingram Micro US or Canada and/or Tech Data US and have agreed to either the US Research In Motion (RIM) Rider or the Canada RIM Rider. If your organization isn’t registered as a BlackBerry reseller, learn how to become a BlackBerry reseller.
- At least one individual from your organization must have completed the SellSmart online training module accessible through the BlackBerry Solution Provider Network Training tab. All six SellSmart quizzes must be completed with a score of 80% or more for an individual to qualify for your company.
- Your organization must have recorded sales of BlackBerry software or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services, as measured through the Ingram Micro US or Canada or Tech Data US purchase history. For new resellers, RIM verifies sales data at the beginning of every month.
- Your organization must have accepted the terms and conditions associated with the VAR Locator through the BlackBerry Solution Provider Network in the NA VAR Locator Submissions area. View the VAR Locator Terms and Conditions.
Keep your VAR locator profile up-to-date
Your organization will be responsible for keeping its profile up-to-date. Your profile will only be active on the North American VAR Locator if your organization has completed the qualifying steps noted above.
When updating your profile, make sure your website and contact information are accurate, and you’ve identified the products and services you offer, as these will be used as search criteria to allow customers to locate your organization.
Once you’ve updated and submitted your profile, a notice will be sent to the BlackBerry IT Channel team to review and approve. You’ll be notified once your profile is approved and active, or if any changes are required due to branding or legal requirements. This process may take 1–2 weeks to complete.
All questions regarding eligibility and completing a profile should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org