Do even more with the BlackBerry® smartphone you already own with the free upgrade to BlackBerry® Device Software v5.0.1 Take a look at the features you could enjoy by upgrading:
- Flag For Follow Up – apply different colors, assign due dates, set reminders and more, so you can easily stay on top of all your important email messages.
- Mail Folder Management2 – Add, remove or rename folders to help simplify your email management.
- Forward Appointments2 – Forward a calendar entry from the email message list or directly from the calendar and make sure the right people are there.
- Viewing Attachments2 – Open attachments from calendar entries in formats like JPEG, Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint®.
- Remote File Access1 – Find, open, view, edit, save, or email your JPEG, Adobe® PDF, Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint® files directly from your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Wireless Contact Synchronization – Wirelessly sync your contact list with your multiple contact folders and personal distribution lists on your desktop, so you can be sure that your contacts are in sync.
- Gmail™ Integration3 – Get many of the same great Gmail™ features you’ve come to love, like search, labels and stars, archive, conversation view, and report as spam on your BlackBerry® smartphone.
SMS Text Messaging
- Threaded SMS Text Messages – Enjoy a chat-like look and feel, emoticons, display pictures and the ability to send an SMS text message with the press of the Enter key.
Time Zone Detection
- Time Zone Change Detection4 – Receive automatic prompts as you travel across the country, with the option to choose a different time zone, making it easy to stay on schedule wherever life takes you.
- Improved Browsing Capabilities – Enjoy a more interactive experience with colorful web pages and rich animations.
- BlackBerry® Map Display – Access maps, zoom in for a closer look, and plan your route faster than you could before. You can also place your cursor over an unlabeled street to make the name pop up.
- Automatic Address Detection – Simply click on an address is displayed in an email or on a web page to view the location with BlackBerry Maps.
- Points of Interest – View points of interest like hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers, get directions from one to the other, and see ratings and reviews all on BlackBerry Maps.
- Navigation – Find your current location, search for an address from your contact list, or get directions to the company party from your pre-stored “work” or “home” location, all in one place.
- Photo Geotagging – View pictures you’ve taken while on the go – your geotagged photos appear as a layer on your map so you can view them as thumbnail images in BlackBerry Maps.
BlackBerry® Device Software v.5.0 is available at no charge to the user subject to applicable licensing terms. Check with your service provider to determine costs that may be associated with downloading and using the software.
Features require BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v5.0.
Requires valid Gmail™ account.
Not available from all service providers.
Certain features outlined in this document may require activation with a data plan with internet service and a minimum version of BlackBerry® Device Software, BlackBerry® Desktop Software, BlackBerry® Enterprise Server and/or third party software. RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or services.
BlackBerry® Maps services require activation with a data plan with internet service. Map, direction, location, point of interest and navigation services (collectively “BlackBerry Maps services”) are not available for all geographic locations or from all service providers. BlackBerry Maps services are provided “as is” and RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third-party products or services. Certain features outlined above require a BlackBerry® smartphone with GPS functionality.
Check with your service provider for availability, associated costs and restrictions.