BlackBerry 10 OS
Update your BlackBerry 10 OS
Updating your OS is free and easy
Download the latest available version of BlackBerry® 10 OS to discover new features, optimized battery life and more. If you already have version 10.2.1, you may receive updates automatically, but if not, the process is still free and easy to do over a Wi-Fi® network.
NEW FEATURES IN VERSION 10.3.2
Upgrade your BlackBerry 10 OS to the latest 10.3.2 software to enable advanced new features, making your BlackBerry even more secure and productive.*
Check out some of the new features and enhancements by browsing the tabs below.
Anti-theft protection in BlackBerry Protect
BlackBerry is the gold standard for privacy and security in smartphones. With BlackBerry 10 OS, version 10.3.2, your privacy and security are fortified even further with the anti-theft protection feature in BlackBerry® Protect™1, which allows you to fully disable the device if it is lost or stolen. This ensures that the device cannot be wiped and reactivated by someone else.
The power of BlackBerry on your computer and tablet
Use BlackBerry® Blend™ to access your work and personal email, BBM, text messages, notifications, documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on.
With BlackBerry Blend 1.2, your productivity across devices is amplified with the addition of spell check, the ability to reply directly from within Blend notification pop-ups, and visual enhancements to file transfers. It also provides a fresh, new design based on customer feedback.
More ways to access apps
Goodbye app envy. On BlackBerry® 10 OS, versions 10.3 and higher, you can download and install both Android™ and BlackBerry apps. Access great business and productivity apps through BlackBerry® World® and the latest Android games and apps through the Amazon Appstore.2 Whether it’s for work, or for play, you’ll find just the apps for you.
Your personal assistant
New with BlackBerry 10 OS v10.3, BlackBerry® Assistant allows you to manage your email, contacts, calendar and other BlackBerry 10 features through voice and text commands. It helps you to execute tasks quickly such as responding to important emails, scheduling a meeting or getting directions.
BlackBerry Assistant is intelligent enough to respond to you based on your situation. Speak freely to it and it will respond in kind. Type a query and it will respond simply with information on the screen. When you’re connected to Bluetooth in the car, it knows you can’t look at the screen and will interact with you completely eyes and hands free.
BlackBerry Hub with Instant Actions
Quickly manage your communications. BlackBerry® Hub with Instant Actions, new in version 10.3, allows you to quickly organize and action your inbox without having to go into each individual message.
- Email – Toggle the Read status and file, flag or delete a message with a single tap
- Transfer conversation – When composing an email, you can now transfer the conversation to a voice call, SMS or meeting invite.
- Calendar – Accept or decline an invitation without opening it.
- BBM and SMS – Use quick reply to respond to your messages.
- Calendar – The new Meeting Mode option will automatically set your phone to quiet mode during meetings. And with v10.3.2, you can customize this feature to work best for you, specifying the types of events affected.
- Camera – The upgraded camera software automatically recommends modes and settings with v10.3. Or get the whole picture by capturing a panorama. You can even record video and take pictures at the same time. Version 10.3.2 offers low light performance enhancements, improved face-detection and reduced blur.
- Battery – Boost your battery life by up to 15%, starting with v10.3.1, by customizing your Power Saving Profile.
If you haven’t updated recently, you may already be missing out on some great new features and enhancements. When you update to the newest BlackBerry 10 OS version, you will also get all of these updates. Select a version for details.
- Anti-theft protection – If your smartphone is lost or stolen, with the new anti-theft feature in BlackBerry Protect, the smartphone cannot be wiped and used by someone else.
- BlackBerry® Blend™ – to bring messaging and content on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. No saving to a cloud, no transferring information between devices. Learn about BlackBerry Blend
- Android app compatibility – Download and install Android apps from the Amazon Appstore. Learn about the Amazon Appstore
- BlackBerry Assistant – Manage your email, contacts, calendar and other features through simple voice and text commands.
- Improved accuracy for face detection
- Better low light performance in auto-mode
- Improved focus speed and accuracy to reduce blur caused by motion
- Automatically recommends modes and settings
- Capture a panorama or even record video and take pictures at the same time.
- Meeting Mode – Automatically set your phone to quiet mode for the duration of your meeting, and choose types of events/durations that are affected by Meeting Mode.
- New weekly agenda view
- Growing numbers – numbers within the Month view will shrink/grow, based on how busy you are during work hours.
- BlackBerry World for Work – organizations can now purchase BlackBerry World apps through BlackBerry World’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP)
- Easily access private browsing from the tabs menu
- Use Reader Mode Voice Support to have website content read out loud.
- S/MIME Support for ActiveSync – Import your S/MIME certificate into your certificate store and manage your secure email settings in BlackBerry Hub.
- BlackBerry Hub with Instant Actions – Quickly organize and action your inbox without having to go into each individual message.
- Media improvements – Updates include the ability to “Favorite” your songs, photos or videos, and a new slow motion video edit feature.
- Battery life improvements – Boost your battery life by up to 15% by customizing your Power Saving Profile.
- Optimized battery life with new monitoring options and indicators. Learn about battery optimization
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub with more ways to organize and prioritize, so you can stay focused on mission critical things.
- Call management options so you can respond on your terms, even by email/BBM/text.
- Cost management tools to manage roaming and data usage.
- Groups can be created for SMS and email for more efficient broadcast communications. Learn about managing groups
- Lock Screen Notifications are now actionable, so you can respond to important messages more quickly or discreetly.
- Picture Password for quick unlocking.
- Offline Browser Reading Mode lets you save the current web page for later viewing, even if you are offline.
- FM Radio does not require any network connection so can you listen to local FM stations (only for BlackBerry® Z30, BlackBerry® Q10 or BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone).
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub curates a view of your most important messages.
- BlackBerry® Natural Sound technology lets you hear every word with intense clarity.
- Instant Previews of BBM, SMS and email from any app let you respond or go to the BlackBerry Hub with a single touch.
- Lock Screen Notifications let you view the sender and subject of your latest email, text or BBM without unlocking.
- BlackBerry® Keyboard updates further improve your efficiency.
- Reply Now lets you send an automated response to incoming calls when you are too busy to pick up. Learn about the Reply Now feature
- Documents To Go™ comes with InTact Technology™, ensuring any formatting changes you make will remain the way you want them to.
- ‘I’m running late’ function in BlackBerry® Calendar allows you to instantly let meeting participants know if you’ll be late. Learn about the "I’m running late" feature
- Faster, easier sharing with customized suggestions.
- Easier copy and paste comes from more precise cursor control, a double tap to select feature, editing options that automatically appear and direct sharing.
- New navigation shortcuts in the BlackBerry Hub – Next/Previous message, Last unread message.
- Active Sync and IMAP email accounts can now have unlimited sync windows, and deleted item folder is synced to the device.
- App improvements for BlackBerry World, Twitter®, Facebook® and LinkedIn®.
- BlackBerry Balance now offers separated BlackBerry Hub views for work and personal accounts.
Software for your computer and tablet
BlackBerry® Blend allows you to access your work and personal messages, notifications, documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on your tablet or computer.
Music, photos, video and files can all be synced and shared between your BlackBerry® 10 smartphone and your PC or Mac with BlackBerry® Link.
Moving to BlackBerry 10
Switching phones is easy
Bring your contacts, pictures, apps and more from your old smartphone to your new one. It’s easy to do, whether you’re moving from a BlackBerry smartphone, Android™ or iOS®.
Your BlackBerry® ID gives you access to BlackBerry websites, apps, and services. It helps sync your information with your computer, and transfer that information when you change devices.
MEET THE BLACKBERRY 10 SMARTPHONES
4.5" touch display
Physical keyboard and navigation keys
3.5" touch display
On-screen keyboard with next-word prediction
5" HD touch screen
3.1" touch display
4.2" touch display
5" touch display
4.2" touch display
3.1" touch display
*BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2 is available globally for all smartphones running BlackBerry 10, subject to carrier approvals.
To use the features of BlackBerry Protect, the device must be connected to an active Wi-Fi or data network. May not be available in all countries.
Android app support and compatibility will vary by smartphone and/or software version.
BlackBerry Blend requires BlackBerry 10.3 handheld Software. Desktop Client: Windows 7 or higher; Mac 10.7 or higher; Tablet Client: Android 4.4+
Some features may require BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3 or higher
Some features may require BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 or higher
Data charges will depend on your network carrier and particular data plan. Please contact your network carrier for more information.