BlackBerry 10 OS
Update your BlackBerry 10 OS
Updating your OS is free and easy
Download the latest available version of BlackBerry® 10 OS to discover new features, optimized battery life and more. If you already have version 10.2.1, you may receive updates automatically, but if not, the process is still free and easy to do over a Wi-Fi® network.
New features in version 10.3
New features in
BlackBerry 10 OS, version 10.3 brings together a new look and feel, along with powerful new productivity features designed to boost productivity, collaboration and communication.
Version 10.3 is currently available on:
BlackBerry 10 OS, version 10.3 is coming soon for other BlackBerry 10 OS smartphones. Check back for availability.
Check out some of the new features and enhancements by browsing the tabs below.
More ways to access apps
Goodbye app envy. On BlackBerry® 10, now you can download and install both Android and BlackBerry apps. Access great business and productivity apps through BlackBerry® World™ and the latest Android games and apps through the Amazon Appstore.1 Whether it’s for work, or for play, you’ll find just the apps for you.
The power of BlackBerry on your computer and tablet
Bring the power of BlackBerry® to your computer and tablet. On any given day, you move between devices to accomplish various tasks. BlackBerry® Blend brings messaging and content that’s on your BlackBerry to your computer and tablet.2 Access your work and personal messages, notifications, documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on.
No saving to a cloud, no wires, no backing up. It’s just there.
Watch the demos:
Your personal assistant
BlackBerry® Assistant allows you to manage your email, contacts, calendar and other BlackBerry 10 features through voice and text commands. It helps you to execute tasks quickly such as responding to important emails, scheduling a meeting or getting directions.
BlackBerry Assistant is intelligent enough to respond to you based on your situation. Speak freely to it and it will respond in kind. Type a query and it will respond simply with information on the screen. When you’re connected to Bluetooth in the car, it knows you can’t look at the screen and will interact with you completely eyes and hands free.
BlackBerry Hub with Instant Actions
Quickly manage your communications. BlackBerry® Hub with Instant Actions allows you to quickly organize and action your inbox without having to go into each individual message.
- Email – Toggle the Read status and file, flag or delete a message with a single tap
- Transfer conversation – When composing an email, you can now transfer the conversation to a voice call, SMS or meeting invite.
- Calendar – Accept or decline an invitation without opening it.
- BBM and SMS – Use quick reply to respond to your messages.
BlackBerry 10 OS, version 10.3 offers several more enhancements to help make you more productive:
- Calendar – The new Meeting Mode option will automatically set your phone to quiet mode for the duration of your meeting. And a new weekly agenda view allows you to see your events and tasks for a week/month.
- Camera – Get the shot you want as the camera automatically recommends modes and settings, including Time Shift mode when faces are detected. Or get the whole picture by capturing a panoramic image.
- Multimedia – Easily mark multiple songs, photos or videos as “Favorites” for quick access. And edit your videos more easily with the new slow motion edit option.
If you haven’t updated recently, you may already be missing out on some great new features and enhancements. When you update to the newest BlackBerry 10 OS version, you will also get all of these updates. Select a version for details.
- Optimized battery life with new monitoring options and indicators. Learn about battery optimization
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub with more ways to organize and prioritize, so you can stay focused on mission critical things.
- Call management options so you can respond on your terms, even by email/BBM/text.
- Cost management tools to manage roaming and data usage.
- Groups can be created for SMS and email for more efficient broadcast communications. Learn about managing groups
- Lock Screen Notifications are now actionable, so you can respond to important messages more quickly or discreetly.
- Picture Password for quick unlocking.
- Offline Browser Reading Mode lets you save the current web page for later viewing, even if you are offline.
- FM Radio does not require any network connection so can you listen to local FM stations (only for BlackBerry® Z30, BlackBerry® Q10 or BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone).
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub curates a view of your most important messages.
- BlackBerry® Natural Sound technology lets you hear every word with intense clarity.
- Instant Previews of BBM, SMS and email from any app let you respond or go to the BlackBerry Hub with a single touch.
- Lock Screen Notifications let you view the sender and subject of your latest email, text or BBM without unlocking.
- BlackBerry® Keyboard updates further improve your efficiency.
- Reply Now lets you send an automated response to incoming calls when you are too busy to pick up. Learn about the Reply Now feature
- Documents To Go™ comes with InTact Technology™, ensuring any formatting changes you make will remain the way you want them to.
- ‘I’m running late’ function in BlackBerry® Calendar allows you to instantly let meeting participants know if you’ll be late. Learn about the "I’m running late" feature
- Faster, easier sharing with customized suggestions.
- Easier copy and paste comes from more precise cursor control, a double tap to select feature, editing options that automatically appear and direct sharing.
- New navigation shortcuts in the BlackBerry Hub – Next/Previous message, Last unread message.
- Active Sync and IMAP email accounts can now have unlimited sync windows, and deleted item folder is synced to the device.
- App improvements for BlackBerry World, Twitter®, Facebook® and LinkedIn®.
- BlackBerry Balance now offers separated BlackBerry Hub views for work and personal accounts.
Software for your computer and tablet
BlackBerry® Blend allows you to access your work and personal messages, notifications, documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on your tablet or computer.
Music, photos, video and files can all be synced and shared between your BlackBerry® 10 smartphone and your PC or Mac with BlackBerry® Link.
Moving to BlackBerry 10
Switching phones is easy
Bring your contacts, pictures, apps and more from your old smartphone to your new one. It’s easy to do, whether you’re moving from a BlackBerry smartphone, Android™ or iOS®.
Your BlackBerry® ID gives you access to BlackBerry websites, apps, and services. It helps sync your information with your computer, and transfer that information when you change devices.
MEET THE BLACKBERRY 10 SMARTPHONES
Square touch display
3.1" touch display
4.2" touch display
5" touch display
4.2" touch display
3.1" touch display
Android app support and compatibility will vary by smartphone and/or software version.
BlackBerry Blend requires BlackBerry 10.3 handheld Software. Desktop Client: Windows 7 or higher; Mac 10.7 or higher; Tablet Client: Android 4.4+
Some features may require BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3 or higher
Some features may require BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 or higher
Data charges will depend on your network carrier and particular data plan. Please contact your network carrier for more information.