Load BlackBerry Device Software
Once you have BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, follow these steps to load software on your BlackBerry smartphone:
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
2. If BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't automatically launch, open BlackBerry Desktop Software.
3. BlackBerry Desktop Software may take a few minutes to detect the smartphone before a notification of the available software that can be installed appears. Click Select.
4. The update should begin automatically and may take some time to load. Please ensure your smartphone remains plugged in and your Internet connection is active until the process is complete.
5. Once complete, click Restore Data if a back up was previously completed.
6. Configure the settings if prompted, and click OK to return to the main screen.