The power of BlackBerry
on your computer and tablet
No wires, no saving to a cloud, no transferring between devices. It’s just there.
Once you have BlackBerry Desktop Software installed, follow these steps to load software on your BlackBerry smartphone:
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.
2. A dialog box that says "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device." will appear. Click Update.
3. Click Get update or View other versions.
4. Select the recommended upgrade version and click Install.
5. Select whether you want to be notified by email when updated versions of your BlackBerry Device Software are available (Back up device data checked by default). Click Install update.
6. Keep the BlackBerry smartphone connected until the process is complete. Please note this may take up to 30 minutes to finish.
7. When the process has completed, the message "Your software update is complete" will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Software.