The service programs outlined below are available only for the following BlackBerry® smartphones, which can be purchased directly from Research In Motion (RIM):
- BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8120 smartphone
If you did not purchase your BlackBerry smartphone directly from RIM, please contact your carrier or reseller for return and repair service.
The Exchange service program applies to both in warranty and out of warranty BlackBerry smartphones. The program is designed to minimize downtime when you are experiencing technical difficulties with your BlackBerry smartphone.
A replacement, refurbished smartphone will be exchanged for your damaged or failed smartphone. This replacement BlackBerry smartphone will become your permanent smartphone:
- You will receive your replacement smartphone within several business days. Once you receive the replacement, use the same packaging to return your damaged or failed smartphone
- Please do not return your SIM, holster, cradle, or battery
- For return shipment purposes, you will be provided with a courier waybill. The waybill is pre-stamped with our address and shipping information. Please add your information to the waybill and attach it to the package to ship 'COLLECT'
Please hold on to your copy of the courier waybill. RIM does not keep the waybill number on record, so please note this number at time of shipping in case you need to verify proof of delivery.
If the Exchange program is right for you, please review the service program instructions.
Please note that products being replaced by RIM as part of the Exchange or Repair and Return program may be replaced with new or refurbished products. Please consult the limited warranty provided with your smartphone for information on the warranty applicable to replacement products.