The service programs outlined below are available only for the following BlackBerry® smartphones, which can be purchased directly from Research In Motion (RIM):
- BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8120 smartphone
If you did not purchase your BlackBerry smartphone directly from RIM, please contact your carrier or reseller for return and repair service.
Repair and Return Program
If your BlackBerry smartphone is out of warranty, you can return your damaged or failed smartphone to RIM for repair through the Repair and Return service program.
Your smartphone will be returned to you once repaired. RIM reserves the right to swap out a smartphone under the repair program.
- Ensure the smartphone is packaged in such a way that it will be protected from shipping damage
- You will need to arrange for a courier and ship the damaged or failed smartphone to RIM
- Please do not return your SIM, holster, cradle, or battery
- You are responsible for the pre-paid, return delivery of the damaged or failed smartphone, so we recommend you retain a copy of the courier waybill to verify proof of delivery if required
If the Repair and Return service program is right for you, please take a look at the service program instructions.
Please note that products being replaced by RIM as part of the Exchange or Repair and Return program may be replaced with new or refurbished products. Please consult the limited warranty provided with your smartphone for information on the warranty applicable to replacement products.