Add a User Account to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Easy steps to add a user account
- In the BlackBerry® Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- On the Server Configuration tab, click Common
- Click Add Users
- Enter the name of the user to be added in the Search text box
Hint: Enter % to return a list of all users
Assign an Address Book to the user:
- Click on the Users tab
- Double click on the user
- Click on PIM Sync (on the left-hand side)
- Scroll to the bottom (on the right)
- Click the empty box next to AddressBookSubscribed
- Select the appropriate Address Book
- Select OK
- Select OK again to get back to the main BlackBerry Manager
When adding a user account to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you should consider the following:
- The Novell® GroupWise® system address book must be copied to the BlackBerry Configuration Database. When you add a user account to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry Manager retrieves the user information from the configuration database. A BlackBerry process synchronizes the users from the Novell GroupWise system address book in the BlackBerry Configuration Database every 12 hours.
- When you add a new user to the Novell GroupWise messaging server, if you want to add the user to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server before the daily process synchronizes the Novell GroupWise system address book with the BlackBerry Configuration Database, manually refresh the Novell GroupWise system address book in the BlackBerry Configuration Database. Please see the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center article KB05182 for more information.
- Your user account can only be created on one BlackBerry Enterprise Server at a time. If you have the same user account created on multiple BlackBerry Enterprise Servers it will not work properly.
- If you are transitioning from another mobile solution for the Novell GroupWise messaging server, you must remove user accounts from that system before adding the user accounts to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.