Move your data (messages, calendar entries, contacts etc.)
- Open BlackBerry® Desktop Software. If you don't already have BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your computer:
- Click Device then Switch Devices.
- Plug your current (original) device into your computer and complete the Device Switch.
Note: remember to check the Device Data box to ensure all of the data on your old device is backed up and restored to the new one.
Move the media files on your microSD card
Option A: move the microSD card
- Remove the microSD card from your old device.
- Insert the microSD card into your new BlackBerry smartphone.
Option B: copy your media files to a new microSD card in your new smartphone
- Plug your old device into your computer.
- Enable USB Mass Storage on your device when prompted.
- Copy all files to a folder on your computer.
- Disconnect your old device from your computer and plug in your new BlackBerry smartphone.
- Enable USB drive on your smartphone when prompted.
- Copy all files to your new smartphone.
Get Help on Twitter for your
Find the answers you need
and share your own tips.
Get User Guides and Manuals
Find the user guides and manuals
for your smartphone and
Get Additional Support
Search for videos to help with
setting up and personalizing your