Update From Your Smartphone
You can update your BlackBerry® smartphone powered by Android™ OTA (Over-the-air) without connecting to a computer. To get started, Tap Settings > About > System update > Check for update.1
What’s New With Android Marshmallow on PRIV2:
- DTEK by BlackBerry – You can now choose exactly which permissions each of your apps can use, directly from the DTEK app.
- BlackBerry Keyboard –The BlackBerry Keyboard has been updated to provide better predictive typing, accuracy, and control. Plus express the full range of your emotions with over 200 new and updated emojis.
- BlackBerry Hub – Now view notifications from even more of your favorite social media apps such as Instagram, Skype, Slack and Pinterest directly in BlackBerry Hub so you can manage all of your messages in one place. Staying connected with your friends and colleagues has never been simpler.
- Battery Life Enhancements – Get even more out of your battery on PRIV, with updates to further improve your battery life. When your device is at rest, Doze will automatically put it into a sleep state to increase your standby battery life. App Standby will keep your infrequently used apps from impacting your battery life.
- Mute Indicator – Users can now see the phone’s mute status at a glance via the floating phone indicator that appears when a call is active. Green for when call is active and not muted, yellow for when a call is active and currently muted.
- BlackBerry Launcher – The Launcher now allows you to customize your home screen experience even further by selecting and deleting your default home screen. Your application grid will now also be sorted into Recent, Personal, and Work sections.
- BlackBerry Camera – You can now capture video in slow motion, or at 24fps to achieve professional and cinematic motion quality.
- 1 Airtime charges may apply.
- 2 Availability timing will vary by carrier and region. Please check with your carrier for details.